2.19.2013

Backstage and Front Row at Helmut Lang FW13


When most New Yorkers started bundling up at home watching as Blizzard Nemo began to run it's course, the fashion industry was patiently awaiting the start of Helmut Lang's autumn/winter 2013 collection show. Set at DIA in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, space was plentiful in preparing and presenting Helmut Lang's attractive geometric print and neural toned collection. I had an amazing time watching as models were made up to give off an incredibly natural look and dressers were preparing the amazing new collection for them. There were special appearances backstage, including one from social media mogul and model, Coco Rocha. I also happened to find a treasure trove of sweet goodies that gave me a fashion themed fortune cookie informing me that this collection "will be exactly the same as last season." I watched as interviews took place and learned everything from the nude colored essie polish used on the models' nails to what Hanne Gaby Odiele would rather be doing then walking a show- playing in the snow with her ski goggles. It was fun watching the show come together back stage and luckily I had the opportunity to sit front row with Rumi Neely, Bryan Boy, Pamela Love, and Coco Rocha. It was an amazing opportunity and a fantastic show. Stay tuned- I'll be posting more pictures of the event on my tumblr.



1 comment:

  1. very interesting photos, I always love seeing backstage/front row pics!

    xx

    ReplyDelete