2.22.2013

Neon Planet

I'm very excited to share this editorial with my readers. This spread is very different from the others I've posted on A Hit of Sarah primarily because it's one that I assisted in creating. Although there were many fallacies along the way, the dedicated team I worked with pulled through and produced a truly unique collection of fashion photography. I'm incredibly proud of the efforts of everyone involved in the making of this shoot.

I styled this editorial largely using pieces from Nanette Lepore's beautiful neon floral print spring/summer 2013 collection. To complement the lively, bright dresses I layered most of the looks with cool, metallic pieces such as the edgy silver Muubaa silver motorcycle jacket (left) and Moria Dora's futuristic looking structured vest. Not drawing too much attention to footwear, I chose black minimarket mesh platforms that worked seamlessly into every look. Adding more neon to the spread I also chose a cool neon orange Sophia Hulme envelope clutch, lime green silk Opening Ceremony button down and hot pink translucent Suno jacket generously lent to us by my new favorite Meatpacking Boutique, Owen. I used really incredible accessories to fit the futuristic feel of the spread including cool silver rings and earrings from Norwegian jewelry designer Bjørg and turquoise stone bracelet by Dannijo. Together these pieces created a really interesting neon powered, edgy feminine look.

This editorial would not have been made possible without the amazing team I worked with. The concept of the shoot was imagined by the multi-talented, Jillian Mercado. The eery beautiful photography is a product of Brian McGuffog of Annie Leibovitz Studios' work. Make-up was done by skilled, yet very playful Te$$ Money. The ever transforming and incredible hair was done by Lena An and Melissa Gardner of Mizu Salon. And ofcourse, the model who endured it all with class, Sami of Wilhelmina Models.


Special thanks to Alia Barbano-George for being my fit model, Alicia Rivas for assisting in wardrobe styling and Alle Hsu for making it all possible. Additional thanks to Nanette Lepore, Agency V, Mao PR, and Owen for lending me your beautiful clothes!

See the full spread in the current Alchemy issue of Canadian based Veux Magazine!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you styled this editorial beautifully!

    http://swooningforstyle.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  2. love love ! <3

    kis from indonesia
    nora

    ReplyDelete