1.08.2013

Inspired by Ballet


You know when you're young and your parents ask you what you want to be when you grow up? Maybe you can recall a three year old you claiming to want to become a doctor, fire fighter, princess or pop star. Most of us don't end up becoming what our youth aspired to be. I, for one, wanted to be a ballerina. I was probably three or four years old when my parents bought me a tutu. I wanted to wear it everyday and everywhere I went. I would watch this one movie, "I wish I were a ballerina", frequently. Like the little girl in the movie, I too really wished to become a ballerina. I'm not sure when that career goal disappeared, but an admiration for the ballet never did.

I've always loved art and photography related to ballet. If you see my pinterest, it's completely riddled with ballerinas. It's the grace and delicacy of the dance as well as the beauty and femininity of the dancers and their costumes that I find attractive. There is nothing as seemingly sweet and pure as ballet. I've recently been very inspired by it all. You can find more of these pieces of inspiration on my pinterest

Ballerinas photographed from above by Laura Zalenga


Black Swan costume sketches by Rodarte



A sweet vintage ballet booklet


The Unseen Beauty of the Belegrade Ballet 



I'm so proud of myself for being able to incorporate Kanye West's Runaway into this post. It's beautiful, isn't it?


3 comments:

  1. I will forever want to be a ballerina!! What beauty and grace they have as they dance!

    fashionqueen294.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, how beautiful are those shots of the overhead ballerinas?! And their back muscles are pretty incredible. Those girls are strooonnng.

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed. amazing photos!

    Greetings from Berlin

    www.clothierin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete